I finally finished knitting the runner for my chest. Back story is that I have a second TV in my living for video games and wanted to put it on my new blanket chest. I didn’t want the TV to scratch the chest so I knit a runner to put under it.
I adapted this scarf pattern. I used Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Cranberry. I also knit on size 10 needles. The increase in yarn weight and needle size was to increase the size, since I wanted something wider than a scarf. I also added two extra pattern repeats, for a total of 60 stitches wide. I probably would have been better off adding only one pattern repeat to make the yarn go further. My final product was a little shorter than what I wanted, but I only had two skeins of the yarn and it was big enough to serve its purpose. I think that’s all the changes I made. This is how it turned out:
Also, that is goal 1 crossed off for the month! And, I don’t really like that one end is scalloped and one is flat, but I don’t think there’s much that can be done about that.