I made three of these and put them directly in the freezer and then made 1 for dinner the other day. Directions are for 1 pizza. Each pizza serves 2-3. The pizzas are pretty thin and therefore not very filling.
- Pizza Dough mix (check package for additional ingredients – mine just needed warm water)
- 6 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Desired toppings (I use sausage, pepperoni, and fresh diced tomato)
- Prepare dough as directed on package. (I actually bake mine for an extra minute or two because the crust doesn’t get very crispy on a regular cookie sheet. If you have an actual pizza pan with holes in it, you may be able to get a crispier crust without the extra time.)
- Mix tomato sauce, oregano, basil, and garlic in bowl. Set Aside.
- If using sausage or other uncooked meat, brown before topping pizza.
- Assemble pizza. Spread sauce evenly on cooked dough. Spread cheese and then desired toppings.
- If eating immediately: Bake at 425F until cheese is melted.
- If freezing: Place entire pizza, on cookie sheet, into freezer, uncovered. Remove after about 2 hours and wrap in plastic wrap and/or foil.
- To cook frozen pizza: Bake 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted, at 425 on low oven rack.
Good, but not quite enough flavor.
Changes for next time
- Finely shredded mozzarella to get a better coating.
- Only cook sausage until just done, not crispy. Mine got extra crispy when the pizza was baking.
- More spices in the sauce?